OHSAS18001 is a Health and Safety Management System developed to assist in the reduction and prevention of accidents and accident related loss of lives, equipment and time.
OHSAS18001:1999 was revised to OHSAS18001:2007 and with it came a
number of significant changes to bring the standard in line with ISO14001:2004 and ISO9001:2008.
Certification to OHSAS18001 demonstrates a company's commitment to a safer working environment and for the protection of employees against injury at work. Some of the benefits of OHSAS 18001 are:-
- Support the organisation to identify regulatory requirements and helps to enforce procedures for compliance with legislation.
- Better identification of hazards and risk management.
- Involving all levels of the organisation through setting objectives, targets and documented responsibilities.
- Overall better awareness of Health and Safety.
- Promotion of teamwork through improved communication at all levels, with relevant business partners and third parties.
Certification should assist in organisations saving money and maintaining a good reputation. Regulators recognise OHSAS18001 as a commitment to safe working conditions and continuous improvement. Certification also provides a platform for attracting lower insurance premiums and proving due diligence to the marketplace.
“I do not think there is any need to change anything, we were satisfied with the whole process, from beginning to end. We also look forward to a long and successful working relationship”
more about what some of our client's think of IMS International;
see our Customer Satisfaction